Sunday, August 29, 2004

WOMAD 2004!

wow! thats the only word that can describe my experience yesterday at fort canning. for the first time in my life i participated along in the event where u can find big names in it! WOMAD-- World Of Music Arts and Dance. Although i think our groups part was quite small but our second part really had the audience dancing man. incredible! i dint have this feeling since my esplanade show with Bedouin Groove. how i just really hope people can notice me by my singging yesterday and some big pepole from the industry taking me to greater heights inb singing. haha! dream on.. that wont happen in our lovely country Singapore. bleah~

there was two sets of performance that PA had to create. the first set was okay lah.. rather dull cos the crowd was not in yet. but after the famous local group "Wicked aura" performed audience stated strooling in to our side. actually the was nothing for me to do in the 2nd set cos my singing was only for the first set. so i was just wastched he second half. then when it was over the organiser asked to played something cos the set finished too quickly. it was then yaziz called me and ask me to sing that two songs.. "Desert rose" and "Jaleo" and HAHA! no werds can describe how i feel. just happy that the audience really appreciate it. weeeee~

hmm actually im back from a show at Victoria Conert hall. vocal academy show. we from De`lima performed to represent the malay side of traditional music. quite boring actually but made some frens there. thay can sing. mostly opera style. but the frens i made is actually around my age. one from NTU and the other a chinal gerl or shud i rather say doll. almost perfect for a china gerl. she really looked like a doll. harry went gaga over her.. haha! really gaga~ harry if ur reading this, remember what i said.. DREAM ON! hehe.. but overall was quite fun lah. long time never perform for concert show with GOOD micing system and get a little money at the same time. *claps*

ok lah sorry i dint update my blog for a long time. sometimes too bz somtimes too tired but i dunno y somehow feel this is the rite time. hmm.. tomoro maybe wacthing Al beduoin at womad. maybe ah. not too sure if i can get in free. tomoro also considered heavy day. tot i can unwind. hmm nevamind ill just go on till i cant. no complaining! hmm i hope next time if i got similar performance like that, all my frens who had never seen me performed in that way can watch me... hehe! ok lah gang til next time i update~

countdown to harry ns: 16 DAYS!! (including today 29th of august)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home